Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Round yellow insect eggs?

Posted by pvasshep 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 15, 13 at 17:46

Hi -

I just found these round yellow insect eggs underneath a chenopodium leaf and am wondering what they are.

Thanks.

--Kathy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Round yellow insect eggs?

rhiz must have missed this one.. and it almost fell off page one???

bumping it back up.. and taking a WAG at stinkbug larvae ...

ken

o

I suspect caterpillar eggs.
Have they hatched yet? If so, please post an image of the kids.

o

I didn't post because I don't know! :-) There are too many possibilities. They are probably moth eggs or one of the true bugs.

o

Whatever they are, they're beautiful. Hard to think that they may grow into something that devastates your plant(s).

Kevin

o

Kevin, I agree! Insect eggs are among the most beautiful and mysterious little vessels in the world. Even more so if examined under a simple dissecting microscope.

Here is a link that might be useful: Check this out!

o

i figured as much rhiz ....

but i always feel bad for a poster.. when a post hangs out there with no response ... speculation if better that ignoring them ...

like i said in some other post.. argue with me.. debate me.. but God forbid .. dont ignore me.. lol ...

BTW.. woohoo makes a presumption that many of us dont ... not everything will devastate a crop ... such is a population issue ... if that is all your eggs.. so what ... if that type of deposit is on every leaf.. watch out.. lol... the real issue is how long the cycle takes ... and how fast they multiply .. etc ...

ken

o

Ken...LOL

I didn't presume. That's why I used the word "may.." Perhaps I should've emphasized. I've come a long way in the last couple years of wanting to kill anything crawling in the garden.

Now... I still spray BT religiously and i will be spraying the hell out of everything with soap and neem if I get my yearly whiteflies -- late summer awaits!

Kevin

o

Pretty awesome pics Rhizo. They're all laid out so "tidy" and geometric.

Kevin

o

Ken...I don't usually make a post unless I have something reasonably productive to offer...unanswered questions usually stay at the top so that more people get a chance to view the problem....instead of sinking.

:-)

o

yeah rhiz.. i know.. and i started all this by noting.. for some reason this was going unanswered AND falling off page one ...

ken

o

Are you being a little 'touchy '? I'm glad you caught this post before it disappeared, my good friend.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here