Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tmrrs

D-Con for Chipmunks?

tmrrs
15 years ago

I've been reading all of the solutions for getting rid of chipmunks on the "Effective chipmunk-ground squirrel control" thread, and have a question about using D-Con. (I already posted it there, but then got a message that the forum was "full" and I should start a new thread, so here it is.)

If I leave D-Con in my garden, will the chipmunks bury it in the beds like they seem to do with the sunflower seeds they raid? (I used to joke that I had a chipmunk farmer and thought it was really cute. It's not cute any more!) I'm afraid that they will bury it in my herb & vegetable garden, their favorite place to dine, and in turn poison MY FAMILY!

I once used D-Con to spike some pumpkin chunks after the munks/squirrels destroyed my kid's jack-o-lantern, even with hot pepper sauce all over it. This was by the front door, however, not anywhere near the backyard garden, and also after I had harvested for the year. It worked great, but I'm worried about putting this stuff so close to where my family gets our food from.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Meantime, I'm heading outside to set up a lovely little "swimming pool."

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting