Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
limi1207

Shrubs dying and idk why?!

LiMi1207
9 years ago

Hi,
I was hoping to enlist some help in figuring out what is wrong with a few of my shrubs, and if they can be saved. For starters, I am very very new to the "gardening world", and don't even know what kind of shrubs these are. I am 21 years old and just inherited my home with TONS of plants/shrubs, and in my naivety, just thought that you're supposed to cut/prune them when they are getting out of hand, and that's that. Some further information- I have been extremely busy with college/ being administrator of an estate/ and moving into this new house, and the plants have not been a top priority. I moved in last September and the plants were fine, and I thought that some of the leaves browning/falling off was normal. I have been looking into getting some mulch for the area too, as some weeds have started to sprout up. In short, I care about these shrubs and will definitely do what is necessary to salvage them if possible! I have included some pictures. It seems that it is only this particular type of bush that is dying, because they are fairly well spaced apart, and all the other plants in between are fine. Does anyone have any idea what this could be or if they are salvagable? 4 bushes of this type and all of them are affected. Oh, also I am in East TN, zone 6, in a suburban neighborhood.

http://imgur.com/a/BvAzR

Thanks so much for any insight as to what is going on! I really appreciate it!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm