Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What bug is this?

Posted by anitamo z5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 14 at 21:20

Found in the flower beds, not on a plant. Curious as to what it is since I've never seen it before. Poor photo quality, hope it's enough to get an ID. Thank you. There were many...about 20...just in one area. About 1/4 inch long and thin.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What bug is this?

Emerald ash borer?

Size?

o

Might be an adult Emerald Ash Borer

Here is a link that might be useful: Emerald Ash Borer images

o

Oh, wow, you could be right. My neighbor just had three ash trees cut down form the borer. I have one on my property but it's on the parkway. I already called the county to have it cut down and haven't heard back. I have proof now so will call them again. Do they hurt anything else but Elms?
Thanks for the help!

o

They damage ash trees.
Just because you found one of the beetles, doesn't necessarily mean your tree is infested.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here