Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chueh_gw

No Chigger Bites Now, Spread the Words Please!

chueh
11 years ago

I posted a thread on Garden Clinic about chigger bite preventions. I would like to THANK everyone who responded to my thread, specially rhizo_1, for giving me great tips. rhizo_1 suggested me to apply oils liberally on my skin. Before I tried applying oils on me, I was like woo....gee... liberally apply oil on my skin!!!!!! sounds so yikes.....Anyway, in order to prevent the bites, I dared to put vegetable oil liberally on me. I was afraid that I would have very oily and sticky feeling, but no, the skin absorb kind of quickly, despite of it still sitting on the skin surface. Once I came from outdoor, I took a shower. I did not even feel any oily residue on me (it's probably part of it on my clothes and part of it absorbed by my skin). Actually, my skin feels softer.

The first 2 time I tried it, it was not even 80 degree and I stayed out only within an hour. Thus, I was not sure if the oils did prevent the chiggers, or the chiggers were not active enough yet to bite me. Yesterday, I tried the 3rd time, and I stayed outdoors for 2 and a half hours. It was 80 degree.

I did not have any chigger bites. Woohoo!!!!! I used to have fear for the summer, despite the fact that there were so many different summer vegetable crops I can garden and harvest for. I had to suffer with the bites in order to have fresh vegetables and enjoy my summer flower gardens. I am a happy summer gardener again.

THANK YOU

Comments (2)