Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this moth?

Posted by serge94501 10a Alameda CA (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 25, 13 at 23:08

These guys are all over and seem to love everything. I mostly find them in the veggies but think they are in the citrus also?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this moth?

The adults drink nectar from various flowers.

The more important question is where are they laying their eggs? Soooo, have you seen any caterpillars lately? If so, please post their mug shots.

o

Looks more like a butterfly than a moth. Could even be Cabbage Whites busy nectaring on everything they find.

o

Cabbage whites are the most common butterflies we see but they should have only one or two spots on each wing. This one looks like 3 spots. Look at other ones to see if they have 3 spots too. Even though they can be considered a vegetable pest, I love the atmosphere they create!

o

That is the one I wished I had killed! I thought they were so pretty and harmless. About a week after I saw them I had about 150 tiny caterpillars attack my beautiful tomato plants. I battled them every day for 2 weeks. I don't like to kill anything, but those darn things cause alot of extra work and set my vertigo into a tail spin!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here