Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Honeysuckle - what's wrong?

Posted by scully931 6 (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 1, 10 at 1:10

Hi,

As you can see there are yellow spots all over the leaves of my honeysuckle. It is still growing quickly.

I have fed it a few times this summer (MG) and water it if we go too long without rain. There have been no flowers yet. I sprayed it with Daconil last week.

Any idea what this is and what I can do to help it? Thank you.

Image link: Honeysuckle - what's wrong? (60 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Honeysuckle - what's wrong?

1. Is there something else on the plant that I can't see that required the fungicide ?

2. Hard to tell from the quality of the foto. Are there mites or other leaf-sucking insects on the undersides of the leaves?

Dan

o
RE: Honeysuckle - what's wrong?

Hi Dan,

Thanks for responding. (Every picture I took was blurry. Will try for a better one tomorrow.)

No insects that I can see. I sprayed the Daconil because I thought... well, now that you ask that I feel stupid. ;-/ I just thought it would help. The plant got the same thing last year and after I sprayed Daconil it started coming back. Last year it was much worse and the whole thing died off.

But- nope- no bugs. Just mottled yellow and green leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here