Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Holes on the leaves

Posted by chilliwin EU DK 7 (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 27, 13 at 2:52

I have some Thai Chili plants, the seeds were from the kitchen. Recently I have found all these small holes on the leaves. I have seen some leafhoopers but I do not know the leafhoopers made all these holes.

Thai Chili K 27JL13A photo IMG_2928_zps3a1db18d.jpg

However, the plants are still very healthy. The plants:

Thai Chili K 27JL13B photo IMG_2930_zpseb053034.jpg

These holes only I have found on the Thai Chili plants.

I am requesting your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Caelian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Holes on the leaves

Leafhoppers, as a rule, suck the contents of a leaf cell and leave a dead spot, yellowish or brown, on the leaf, not usually holes.

o

Kimmsr, thank you for the opinion.

These plants were under the stem cabbage leaves very long time. Only after I harvested the cabbage they are getting bigger. The strange thing is other chili plants such as scorpion and ghost yellow have no holes on the leaves, they are also in the same growing condition. I do not know the problems come from the seed I used, they were from the dried chili from the kitchen as I mentioned before.

Still they are growing very well and so I've to wait to see the final stage of these plants.

Caelian

o

Holes happen. Those holes are too few and too small to worry about.

o

Jean001a, thank you for the opinion.

I am just curious and very much willing to learn to solve the common problems of gardening. The next season I hope I can do a bit better than this season.

Caelian

o

Oh, that's fine. We're all learning.

To find out who/what is making, or made, the holes, one needs to inspect the leaves, topside & underside, days and nights.

o

A few holes are good for the plants. It stimulates growth hormones (auxins). An infestation is another issue. Your plants look fine.

o

Susan, thank you for the opinion.

Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here