Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mersiepoo

new bugs???

mersiepoo
9 years ago

Holy moley! I don't know what it is, but it's like a plague around here. I've been seeing bugs I've never seen before! I'm seeing loads of destructive insects. For example: Some gold bug that is pretty, but eats holes in leaves. It reminds me of one of those 'scale' bugs, but it flies well. There are also these fast little green bugs that are larger than aphids, they scurry to the undersides of the plant leaves. Then there are these moths, they are very small, black and some have a small yellow dot on either side of their wing. Then there are these teeny little caterpillars, they are so small you don't see them until they are busy skeletonizing a leaf. Those are just the ones I have noticed off hand. There are also 'chinese beetles' that burrow into the ground and eat the roots, they've been wilting plants around here as well. I saw a description of them in a Garden's alive catalog. Is there a list of all the loads of these imported pests anywhere? Or is the USDA inspectors keeping quiet about all the bugs that have been recently introduced? I'm not even mentioning that 'new' stinkbug that's here, apparently it's even smaller than the marmoset stinkbug. YUCKO.