Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lilly Pilly - Leaves turning brown?

Posted by WinterCat Israel z10 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 20, 14 at 7:56

Hi,

Young Lilly Pilly arrived from the nursery with some leaves turning brown as in photo.

What can it be? What should I do?

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lilly Pilly - Leaves turning brown?

Let's see the entire plant so that we can judge if one partially brown leaf is significant damage or if you should ignore it.

(Good chance that the pot dried out at least once.)

o

Jean, thanks for replying. The entire plant looks good, but on closer inspection there are quite a number of leaves turning brown in this way.

It's not due to the pot drying. I put this LP in the ground a couple weeks ago and some of the newest leaves are beginning to go brown.

o

Okay, so then I bet it's the original rootball that is drying/dried. Stick a finger in it to find out.

And yes, the original rootball can be dry even though you have watered it since you put it in the ground.

o

. I put this LP in the ground a couple weeks ago

==>> transplant shock and lack of proper water ... and only you can define the watering issue.. as jean notes ...

a couple of weeks ago.. might not have been prime timing as to planting ...

was the plant pot bound.. did you have to do significant root interruption to plant properly ??? was it potted in a high peat media.. and planted into sand? .. if so.. i have had some difficulties in the sand actually wicking moisture from the peat???

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here