Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what disease

Posted by lily603 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 10, 11 at 10:35

i am infected. pachysandra, leaf spot then root rot. a stand of (beautiful) Solomon's Seal Polygonatum commutatum
browned and died within a few weeks. astible dead as a doornail. and now i see my perennial geraniums dying off. while this is one area about 12x12 ft....across the lawn the pchysandra and perennial begonia are being decimated. spent several days trying to look web sites. have seen pictures and descriptions of diseases/pests. but cannot really figure out what i have...or what to do . have pulled out dead and thrown into trash. have looked at anti-fungals, etc. but am disheartened by this mess. could i have brought this in with bagged mulch from H.D.? what to do before i pave over everything with concrete.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what disease

I'm sorry to hear about those failures. It's difficult to help without details & pictures about what the plants did & looked like before they died.

With so many different kinds of plants affected, the cause is likely to be environmental rather than a disease or even insects.

Often it comes down to water, either too much or too little.
Other possibilities include these:
- Wrong plant in the wrong place.
- Wrong soil prep before planting.
- Excessive temps, either too high or too low
- Herbicide (weed killer) applied nearby that moved off-target.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here