Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
outdoor_andy

tiny black eggs

outdoor_andy
13 years ago

Any ideas of what these eggs are to? They are slightly smaller than the ball in a ball point pen. Total size of the cluster is about 1/2 inch diameter. They are on the side of my house (not on a plant). They are not far from an area I have pumpkin, cantaloupe, and watermelons

If you have any thoughts, I would love to hear them. I am not sure if I should squish them or let them be.

Thanks so much

Image link:

Comments (12)

• jean001
    13 years ago

Perhaps moth eggs, that will hatch into caterpillars? If so, don't know why they're on the house!

• tifferlou4_sbcglobal_net
    12 years ago

Did you ever discover what these eggs were? We have something similar on the siding of our house and we can't figure out what they are.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

T, why not start your own thread and include some pictures?

• drewrox
    12 years ago

Did anyone get an answer to this? I have TONS of them in little spots all over the south side of my house. . . .

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    12 years ago

Perhaps spores from the what is called Artillery Fungus, well named because this tiny little fungal fruiting bodies expel their little black spore packets far distances...and they stick like crazy to siding, vehicles, etc. These tiny mushrooms are associated with the chipped wood mulch that many of us use...not bark and not pine straw.

If all these black spots that every one has are impossible to remove, then they are spore gleba. If they come off fairly easily...who knows?

• golfcart67
    7 years ago

These are not artillery fungus. They are spots and we are talking about a series of spots about the size of a dime. Someone said the size of the ball point on a pen. Many together the size of a dime is what mine look like. Small dime size spots all over two sides of my garage. Maybe there are two questions going here.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    7 years ago

i dont understand what you are getting at golfcart ... this post is 6 years old ....

if you have your own.. you need to provide pix.. and start your own post ...

ken

• miriam_d_reyes
    4 years ago

I have these exact same black clustered eggs on both of my exterior walls, just this morning found two more clusters on the roofed section of my patio... I have monthly pest control (exterminator) visits I have been having them on a yearly contract since 2014 so I'm really worried as to what these might be and how to get rid off them for good

• Annette Naegele
    2 years ago

I have this in my head and on my body for LITTLE over two weeks now I HAVE BEEN to urgent care and to the Emergency room. The Doctor at MAYSVILLE KENTUCKY HOSPITAL SAID I DIDN'T HAVE NOTHING HE DIDN'T EVEN LOOK IN MY HEAD I HAVE A TON OF THEM AND THEY FEEL LIKE CEMENT WHEN I TRY YES TRY TO WASH THEM OUT. THE DOCTOR IN WEST UNION, OHIO SAID I JUST HAD A DIRTY SCALP. I AM SO SCARED AND I HAVE BEEN IN A LOT OF PAIN. THEY ITCH SO TERRIBLY BAD AND THE SORES ARE UNGODLY. I HAVE BEEN PRAYING SO MUCH MY MOTHER LIVES HERE ALSO AND SHE HAS HEART ISSUES AND I AM SO SCARED THAT THESE THINGS ARE VERY UNHEALTHY I PROMISE I DON'T KNOW HOW THEY STARTED LAYING EGGS IN MY HEAD I NO FOR A FACT THAT THESE THINGS DONT DIE I PROMISE AND THEY BREAK MY HAIR EVERY WASH. PLUS THEY ARE EVERY WHERE OUTSIDE OF ARE HOUSE AND INSIDE. PLEASE HELP ME I AM TERRIBLY SCARED 😨❗🚿🛀DONT WORK THEY WILL NOT GET OFF OF MY BODY.

• Annette Naegele
    2 years ago

I have been collecting these so when I go to the Doctors I thought they would no exactly what THESE are. But I promise they tried to act like I am a digger. I have never been a person that digs my skin nor scalp so that really ticks my off. Pay for a Doctor's to do there job and the both of them put a blind eye to find out what THESE things are. I am so nervous about the not knowing I mean my head is full of them I have on my back neck face. I pray so much ❗💕 I HAVE THESE BLACK SEEDS IN BOTTLES AND FREEZER BAGS. BUT YES ON MY BODY AND IT HURTS TERRIBLY BAD. I WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT WHO I CAN CONTACT FOR 100 PERCENT FACTS..

• Amber Richardson
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Did you ever figure it out? I remember reading about a university or some organization that will identify bugs and mites. Also there are super tiny bugs called no-see-ems (I think), try looking into that. Clear tape is a good way to collect them and you can purchase a small handheld microscope so you can see them better.