Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Crepe Myrtle - red/orange leaves

Posted by mickapoo z9 FL (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 13, 12 at 11:15

I have a crepe myrtle, Natchez variety, and some of the foliage is turning yellow/orange/red and falling off. I've attached a photo. Does anyone know what this might be? I think it might be a fungus but I'm not completely certain. Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Crepe Myrtle - red/orange leaves

it might be a fungus.. but what is stressing the leaves and the plant???

pic of the whole???

any drought?? excessive rain .. any other facts other than the color of the leaves???

ken

o

I can't think of any fungus problem that would cause that kind of symptom. My first gut reaction is that it is some sort of response to stress of some sort.

Let's see a picture of the whole tree and one of the trunk, including the base where it's growing from the ground.

o

looks like my bradford pear when it is stressed for water.

o

it was here when i moved in. every summer when have triple digit weather and no rain it looks just like that crepe myrtle. i just dug up a crype myrtle and planted roses in its place. that is diffentily drought stress. you ever put a soaker hose and give it a good two hour soaking?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here