Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are these peonies suffering from a virus? (4 Pics)

Posted by pkthomas (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 13:26

I'm guessing that the peony in the first pic has a virus. What do you think? Does it need to be be removed and destroyed?

This summer I cheerfully cut blooms off this peony and moved right on to the next without disinfecting (I didn't know better). Are they all doomed?

The other pics so some of the other peony plants that I have with either twisted leaves or black-ish marks. Any advise much appreciated!

Most of these came from MIL's house before she had to move out, so I'm hoping they don't all need to be destroyed!

Thanks,

~Patti

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are these peonies suffering from a virus? (4 Pics)

Looks like peony leaf blotch to me. If it is, next year may be an entirely different story, if the weather is different. I have peonies here and there and some years they have it and some years they don't. Chemical control is not called for.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peony leaf blotch

o
RE: Are these peonies suffering from a virus? (4 Pics)

Thanks calliope. That makes perfect sense for the black-ish spots. Do you know if the yellow spots can be weather-related as well?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here