Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ukrkoz

ridding of ants

ukrkoz
12 years ago

Hi all.

OK, please, we need help with ridding of ants, not with learning how useful they are. We know. They are invading the house, so it's a no brainer question.

We have horse acre. Neighbors west of us have 1.75 acre that is mostly unattended jungle for years. This is Pacific NW, so it's a JUNGLE.

WE had ants peacefully for 6 years here, and they are ok. This year we had plain explosion of them, maybe due to rain non stop since last October, or whatever. At this point, they are not just everywhere in quantities, they started moving into garage and patio.

Main nest is somewhere in the NW corner of the property, yes, right from the jungle. There's no way of telling where from, I can only see streams of them coming. We already had rats coming from that property, but that was taken care of, now this.

So far, nothing works on them. I have several different types of baits everywhere, with about 6 of them at the main path. I have my favorite borax+sweets mix generously sprayed there. They simply walk on it like it's not even there. They ignore baits. I had some success downsizing the infestation, almost announced victory, but as of today, their numbers appear to be growing again. I feel, nest is well hidden in the jungle, I can not get to it, without trespassing, talking to those "naturalists" is out of question. White trash type.

At this point, I am asking for advice on what to do. Balance, so far, is about $80 for all kinds of traps and baits and sprays. I am positive until the source of them is killed, they will keep coming, and I can not get to it. Any WORKING suggestions?

Comments (2)