Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafhead

A word about pesticides.

Leafhead
10 years ago

I just wanted to share the plight of the Honeybee, Monarch Butterfly and other essential insects that are being decimated by both pesticide use and habitat destruction.
Studies have shown that a class of pesticides called Neonicotinoids is causing bee colonies to crumble.
Don't use them.
Without the honeybee to pollinate our food crops, we're screwed.
A small patch in your yard, farmland or roadside shoulder or median containing Milkweed and a few other wildflowers can make a difference to the flagging Monarch Butterfly and other vital pollinators.
Use pesticides sparingly, carefully and with great respect, if at all.I recommend against their usage, except for occasional use of insecticidal soaps. Bugs usually take care of bugs in most cases.
Herbicides are to be used in the most extreme circumstances, such as invasive control, but with all due respect.
I am reaching out to everyone on this forum to think about our future and try to heal some damage that has been done to our fragile ecosystem.
We all want to leave the Earth a better place for our children and grandchildren.

Comments (4)