Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is this white bug?????

Posted by humidity_sucks South Carolina (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 15:14

Can anybody tell me what this white bug is, and how to kill it permanently??? This thing has been on my lemon tree for years, and I'm sick of fighting it. I have used a house and garden spray on it successfully, but within a week they are back.

Image link: What is this white bug????? (52 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is this white bug?????

• Posted by hortster 6A, southcentral KS (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 28, 10 at 16:23

Cottony cushion scale. Good luck!
hortster

Here is a link that might be useful: Info from UCDavis

o

Check the other thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: will neem kill cottony cushion scale?

o

that's what i've got on my knockout roses. it's disgusting! i've never been so grossed out by any other garden pest as i have been by this one. ewwwww!

i tried neem oil. gave it about a week, and didn't really work. so today i tried the alcohol soap water solution. i'll let you know how that pans out. if that fails as well, i have to use the insecticide pyrethrin

o

Did you spray again in 5 days? There are probably several generations and some have not even hatched yet. You must keep spraying and don't let up for at least 4 applications and maybe more since you may miss some areas.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here