Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help to save a dying cherry tree

Posted by zic786 Illinois (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 31, 14 at 16:28

I live in Chicago. I planted a cherry tree in my backyard in 2009. Last year, it bore a few cherries. This year it did not bear any fruit. Instead its leaves are turning brown and it looks like it is dying.

I am not very knowledgeable in gardening. I would appreciate your advice to save this tree. Thanks,

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help to save a dying cherry tree

crikey ...

it didnt bear fruit because of the intense cold winter .. the buds were all killed.. just like every fruit tree in my yard just south of ann arbor ...

of all the leaves in the pic.. is see two that are not perfect..

your tree is not dying ...

and frankly.. if by august.. i didnt see a few yellow leaves on a prunus.. i would begin to suspect its not a prunus ...

lets see a pic of the whole.. to decide if there is enough leaves affected to merit a discussion of a problem..

BTW.. i just had 4 weeks of drought and high heat.. my cheery tree is leafless... with that in mind.. your looks pretty fat and happy ....

give us some more facts.. than just this pic.. and emotion ... drought.. heat.. etc

ken

o
RE: Need help to save a dying cherry tree

Thanks, good to know that my tree is not dying. Please see thr tree picture and advice if I should do anything. Again thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here