Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help quickly! Strange wilting spreading across my garden

Posted by aesteik Colorado (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 6, 12 at 17:49

Thanks in advance for the help. This literally happened overnight and is spreading rapidly. It looks like my pole beans are most affected, but my peppers (see picture) and chard are also wilting (no tomatoes wilting as of yet). Symptoms: wilted leaves (both new and old) in the morning, leading to curled and crisped leaves this afternoon. No yellowing at all, just immediate wilt/crisp/death of leaves. Thanks again for the help and happy to post more pictures if needed.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help quickly! Strange wilting spreading across my garden

Here is a picture of our pole beans with the same problem.

o

Has anyone done any spraying....of any kind?

o

We have not personally done any spraying of any kind. However, our next door neighbors have a garden right next to ours (separated by just a chain link fence) so it is possible that he's done something. I also noticed that my neighbor's lettuce has the same problem! I'm now wondering if this started over on his side...

o

Looks environmental to me. Especially since affecting so many different kinds of plants.

Lots of things to consider, among them these:

What have your temperatures been? Day & night?
And your humidity?

What's your soil like? Depth? How long does it stay moist?
How do you decide when to water?
How do you determine you've watered enough?

o

looks like a spray patteren there. some kind of herbicide. if you look there would be a line of dead folaige from the neighbors to yours where the wind would have been blowing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here