Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heuchera Coral Bells - Root Rot or Crown Rot

Posted by supernnyl Atlanta, GA (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 7, 11 at 18:01

I am located in Atlanta, GA. I have two coral bell plants, each in the same rectangular flower bed, but at opposite ends. They receive partial sun, but mainly shade. They've been planted since late April, and up until now, thriving. One is still thriving, but the other is wilting and shriveling up (not drying up). It isn't for a lack of moisture due to weeks of regular watering, and now, many recent thundershowers. From what I've researched, it could very well be crown rot or root rot. I've also read that a fungicide might fix the problem, but I'm not sure where to start. Has anyone experienced this, and if so, did you use a specific fungicide for treatment? Do you think the plant will still live? Any input or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heuchera Coral Bells - Root Rot or Crown Rot

Could also be root weevils -- if you have them in your area.

o

Thanks for the info, jean001a.

o

Crown rot and root rot are usually caused by a soil that is too wet. Take a good look at the soil this is growing in to see it that regualr watering and the amount of rain might have saturated the soil too much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here