Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White spotted bug

Posted by pwin 7, BC (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 19:16

I don't know if this is a pest or not. There are tiny white spotted bugs walking up and down my pennisetum, which looks very healthy. Can anyone identify them? I hope the picture is good enough, even if blurry.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White, spotted bug

Psyllobora vigintimaculata?

o
RE: White spotted bug

Pwin....do you really think that that teensy ladybug looks like your image? I see zero resemblance myself, but you're the one who can see it in person.

I'll need more pictures. It first looked like an aphid or aphid mummy to me. I really can't determine to which insect group it belongs.

o

No, it doesn't, but it's such a bad tail pic; I had trouble handling the camera and seeing them. And, the second image is what fell off the plant when I shook it, along with a bunch of others that were the same, plus a load of dragons. (Do they breed on that grass? Because that would be incredible!) I'll see what is there today.

o

Shape reminds me of an aphid or nymph stink bug.
But need a head shot and/or profile.

Definitely not related to the cute lady beetle.

o

Thank you two for responding. Whatever the identity of the first bug, I haven't seen any since. What remained was ladybug dragons, which were numerous, crawling up and down the pennisetum leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here