Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
auri_gw

Grass From Bulb Dying Off - How should I proceed?

auri
9 years ago

These are 2 - 4 shoots of a thick grass growing from bulbs. The blades are almost round, and have a thick waxy like coating to make them very strong.

Once I got them from a neighbor I didn't water for about a week, they seemed fine. They started to wilt, so I watered sparingly. It seems when I water they spruce up a little, but then die even faster again. I'm not sure how she used to keep these, they're dying like crazy!! I'm not able to reach her. The plant has thinned about 75% since I received it.

The soil is damp right now, but have lived outside Nevada with our hot heat. So the top soil dries within 24hrs, and about 1" down it's slightly damp. I have had them for about 2 months, and whether I let the soil dry out completely or keep it moist, they continue dying! I have tried full sun for about a week, they continued dying. Tried shade with still bright light reaching it, continue dying. I'm at a wit's end. The shoots keep producing new ones, but eventually I'm sure it will run out of energy.

Comments (4)