Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brenzo77

Grandpa knows best

brenzo77
12 years ago

Just thought I'd share a little tip I picked up from my grandfather. I had little black beetles and ants that only came out at night devoring my sunflowers, pepper plants, flowers, and well just about everthing in my flower beds and tiny garden. My grandfather was the one who got me into gardening. Ever since I was a kid my favorite memories are going over to grandpas to help with his garden.So of course if I'm having a problem he's the one to ask. I have to admit when he told me his fix I thought the old man was loosing his mind. He told me to go to the grocery store and get a jar of cinnamon, a jar of black pepper, and a jar of chili powder. He told me to mix them all together and dust my flower beds and vegetable patch with the mixture. I was pretty sceptical but I figured what the heck he's been gardening for 60+ years, I'll give it a shot. So with a total of $3 spent, not getting the good stuff to throw on the ground. In one day, boom went out tonight and not a single beetle of ant in sight. Guess I shouldn't have doupted the old man. Thanks Gramps, you the man.

Comments (3)