Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink WAVE Petunias dying

Posted by rodco zone 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 0:01

My Wave petunias were doing excellent. In the past two weeks I noticed they were not blooming as well. This week the stems all seem to be rotted and brown. I fertilized, watered them etc. The other petunias in the yard are all doing excellent.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink WAVE Petunias dying

here is a comparison of about 2 weeks apart

o

saw your pix in the annual forum ... brilliant ...

is this one potted??? .. if so.. media failure???

dig it up.. and find out.. why the roots failed....

having seen your garden in those pix ..... i am sure.. you are aware.. that sometimes.. plants just fail ... and if this is one failure among vast success... oh well ...

so lets find out.. what happened to the part we cant see ... the roots.... call it a fact finding mission ...

ken

o

Too wet?

o

Cant be too wet , since the area drains very well. I also am sure I don't overwater. Here are the same petunias in a different area... growing well.

o

Mine are doing the same. Rose pink wave petunias, front yard and back. The zinnias planted with them are starting to go, too! We haven't had a very hot summer here in NE Wisconsin; I've not had this problem before. Both areas are on a drip-zone sprinkler; twice a week. Stumped.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here