Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindsaybev

Fuarium Wilt or Root Rot for this pea plant??

lindsaybev
9 years ago

I took this picture this evening. I live with some pretty heavy-duty clay soil, and half the time couldn't tell if the plants needed water or not. This is my first garden, and I have learned an awful lot this first year. I planted these with very little soil amendment, so they live in a harder clay than I would allow now, given all my new knowledge about amendments and soil composition. But they all did really well for the first 1 1/2 mos. Then one started looking dry, brittle, spotted yellow on a few leaves. Now they all look half dead (literally), yet keep growing, a few pea pods here and there, and even started flowering on top where it seems to stay green as it grows??? It just looks so unhealthy. I found a cutworm with the cucumbers that have not been doing too well recently either...aphids are attacking a few selected corn stalks like the plague and my poor pumpking flowers are wilting from their savagery too...and yet the beans next to the peas plants are GREAT, and the tomatoes next to the beans are incredibly virile!! ?? And through it all this poor pea plant struggles to produce and I don't know what is wrong and how to help. Please offer any suggestions from what you see in the picture. And white residue is the DE I sprayed the night before...not mildew issues. Thank you all you awesome veggie lovers for your time and support!!!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus