Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can Powdery Mildew Make You Sick?

Posted by cadence 8b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 15, 12 at 2:44

My lilac tree has a lot of PM on all it's leaves. The tree is just outside my bedroom window. I keep my window open at night but I don't want to leave it open if spores can get into my room and perhaps make me sick. Does anyone know the answer to this?

Should I remove all the leaves from the tree? Get rid of the tree altogether? The tree is about 30 years old. The tree always gets PM in August or September. Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can Powdery Mildew Make You Sick?

No, PM will not make you sick. There are a zillion particles that come in through window screens and those who suffer from severe allergies usually keep the windows closed. If you've never been bothered yet, PM won't give you any problem.

o
RE: Can Powdery Mildew Make You Sick?

Thank you rhizo. It's good to know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here