Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (6)

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

see links below at the forum on stink bugs.. its a start anyway..

ken

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the response. I think I'll isolate these like the last eggs I found. Sure would like to find some GOOD eggs, something that likes to eat aphids and spider mites.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Awwww, you'll hatch some 'good ' ones one of these days. It's diffucult to ID tiny insect eggs without a good macro picture. The eggs of different species can look so much alike until you can really inspect them, even with a simple handlens.

Keep us informed with the progress, girlfriend!

Say, what's the weather forecast for your location?

Original Author
    11 years ago

The forecast changes hourly. Hasn't rained yet and looks like it may not rain here at all, daggone windy though. Did you get any of that rain that I saw up north this morning?

If I can remember at dusk, I'll try taking another pic, maybe they'll show up better. They're kind of shiny, like pencil graphite. I'm not terribly concerned, but it's just fun to play "what's in my eggs?"

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

BTW.... i have a systemic product that goes in the soil ...

and ALL the hosueplants that have been outdoors for summer.. will be treated .. OUTDOORS.. at least one month.. PRIOR to bringing them indoors ...

its just so much easier to PREVENT a bug problem indoors.. rather than fight them.. in my MI winter.. for 6 odd months ... as compared to purp's 45 minutes of winter in z8.. lol ...

there is nothing as enjoyable.. in feb.. as trying to watch a hockey game.. with a swarm of gnats hovering around the tv ... been there.. never again ...

ken

Original Author
    11 years ago

Hey, it's an awful 45 minutes, please don't take it so lightly! It gets below freezing some nights and there are some days when it's not sunny and too cold to open the windows!

Thanks for the advice. I don't buy, own or use any 'stuff.' If whatever hatches from these eggs turns out to be bad boys, I'll see if the anoles will eat them, or take them to a Kudzu patch.

When I bring potted plants inside, I submerge them in water first to see if anything climbs out. Ants are the most common issue and sometimes I need to rinse and repot but that's been sufficient so far. If I were to find scale, that might be an occasion to try a product if I felt strongly about the plant.

I'm curious if a systemic would have any effect on eggs? Or would it just prevent the plant from being tasty, or kill the bugs that eat it? Although I might not want to use something like that, I like knowing.

These eggs are so small, no luck taking a clearer pic. Will post again when something hatches.

Hockey... I was just starting to get into watching that before I moved down here. Finding a hockey game on tv here is about like trying to find snow.