Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cvis_gw

Jade Plant Dropping Excessive Leaves and Branches

CVIS
10 years ago

I have had my Jade for about 10 years and love it very much. I have never had any issues with it in the past as it has always been very healthy and thrived. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks it has had a lot of issues. First I noticed sizable webs on the leaves and branches which I thought to be spider mites. They got worse and worse and I noticed leaves wilting and falling off. I sprayed the plant with Insecticidal Soap about 1 week into noticing the webs. After that I noticed that the webs were gone but the plant continued to lose leaves at a fast rate. The leaves that fell off were brown on the tips and soft. The leaves began falling off from the bast of the branch leaving only the tips with leaves as you can see from the picture. I have also noticed that there is a crystallization forming on the branches. I am not sure if this is residue from the spray of part of the issue. I desperately need help as I fear losing this plant. My last resort is going to be cutting off all foliage and hope the plant can bounce back. Thanks for your time.