Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jade Plant Dropping Excessive Leaves and Branches

Posted by CVIS none (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 15, 13 at 10:19

I have had my Jade for about 10 years and love it very much. I have never had any issues with it in the past as it has always been very healthy and thrived. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks it has had a lot of issues. First I noticed sizable webs on the leaves and branches which I thought to be spider mites. They got worse and worse and I noticed leaves wilting and falling off. I sprayed the plant with Insecticidal Soap about 1 week into noticing the webs. After that I noticed that the webs were gone but the plant continued to lose leaves at a fast rate. The leaves that fell off were brown on the tips and soft. The leaves began falling off from the bast of the branch leaving only the tips with leaves as you can see from the picture. I have also noticed that there is a crystallization forming on the branches. I am not sure if this is residue from the spray of part of the issue. I desperately need help as I fear losing this plant. My last resort is going to be cutting off all foliage and hope the plant can bounce back. Thanks for your time.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jade Plant Dropping Excessive Leaves and Branches

its lacking sufficient light.. its stretching..

and the only time mine lost leaves.. was due to over watering ...

i would root a few pieces... just in case..

thats some scaffolding you got going there..

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here