Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Loropetulam dying need help in id disease.

Posted by Limeybstd Florida (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 10:58

Last week I noticed the leaves on this plant located in Central Florida wilted, It has gotten a lot worse and also the bark area is peeling back revealing dark and whitish underneath it. Anyone know what happened here please?

I have also attached an image of the bark damage in link below.

Here is a link that might be useful: bark

This post was edited by Limeybstd on Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 11:02

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Loropetulam dying need help in id disease.

Pic of the bark of mentioned shrub.

o

looks dead ...

is it in a greenhouse???

i can figure out the structure behind.. but what looks like mother earth below ...

ken

o

Looks like a pool enclosure. Was it getting heavily splashed with pool water?

o

Or Round Up? Lorapetulams aren't persnickety. It doesn't matter much as it's dead but you don't want the next fellow to die in the same way.
Cut it down to the ground, dig up the rootball and start with something new. If you are remotely frugal, cut it to the ground and wait 3-5 weeks. If you see anything green, just wait awhile as it will come back from the roots and be bigger than ever.

o

It is on the outside around the pool cage. The pool over flow pip is approx 2-3 feet away from this hedge. Initially I thought perhaps the chlorine water did this, however during the last 3 year or so of living here it had been fine?

o

Limeybstd, the white layer in the lower image could be a sign of
Amirilla Fungus.

o

Died of a root rot.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here