Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ken_adrian

i am done with a garden when i find these in the yard

crimminey

thoughts.. comments???

lol

i might be afraid to try to run one over with the truck .... might hurt the truck ... lol ..

wonder why it took 2 days to track down godzilla ...

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Comments (19)

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Holy mackerel! Can you imagine if one of those got into the house?

I'm pretty sure that I read about a little known population of even BIGGER wetas here in the states. Let's see.....where was that? I think it might have been in SE Michigan!

• tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱
    11 years ago

I'm glad there's a lot of ocean between me (my plants) and he.

tj

• Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL
    11 years ago

My honey said he'd like to try some as fishing bait.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    11 years ago

man i would like to see the fish that goes after it ...

most likely it will be sitting in the front of the boat drinking a beer and trash talking hubbie.. lol ..

ken

11 years ago

LOL! Maybe one of those giant catfish you see people "noodling" for on TV although every time a conversation comes up about catfish comes up, (surprisingly often) everyone says those big ones don't taste as good.

Covered pontoon boat in the gulf (with rum or bloody marys if someone else is driving) is more my style. Fishing poles optional.

Below link says they make a noise, but doesn't say what it sounds like. Probably more of a chirp like a cricket but what if it's a prolonged noise like a locust? If a bigger bug can make a louder noise, I wouldn't want to be anywhere nearby!

Here is a link that might be useful: weta facts

Original Author
    11 years ago

we dont have .. in MI.. people on TV talking about catfish or crayfish.. what are you talking about.. lol ... its like you are from another planet ...

though the pontoon and bloody marys sounds nice.. why ruin it with fishin.. lol

ken

11 years ago

It's one of those reality shows, not something I watch but have seen it flipping through the channels. If you have cable channels, it's probably on your TV. And I AM from another planet, you're from MI, I'm from OH. You seem to be an OK guy anyway though. Impressive enough to overlook the MI thing.

Original Author
    11 years ago

what the heck does oklahoma have to do with it all???

this post is crackin me up ... lol ...

ken

You seem to be an OK guy anyway

11 years ago

Oh, I bet you didn't recognize it, he who so likes punctuation: O.K.

Better?

And thanks in the sense of guy just meaning a person, but for the record, I'm not a guy.

Hilarious stuff for this kinda boring day!

11 years ago

I'll BET that you don't really watch that reality show....that's what they all say. Heh heh.

11 years ago

IKR! Ok, you caught me. It's been on at our house a couple times but our rule is "click or pick." Whoever's using the computer does not get to pick what's on TV, so I didn't choose that one. We only watch TV for a couple hours in the evening, and not every evening, but it can be a desperate time, trying to find a show that's not a repeat or a hideous cop/medical drama.

What's really funny is how there are captions at the bottom, like they're speaking a different language. Out of all the strange accents heard on TV, apparently "American redneck" is too hard for most people to understand. In person (or on TV,) I hear them very well, but not sure they always "get" me. Wish I had a nickel for every time I've been asked, "You're not from around here, are ya?"

Original Author
    11 years ago

no .. i know you arent a guy.. that was a copy paste of your note .. lol ...

and i did love this one: he who so likes punctuation: O.K.

and all i can say in reply is: ........... .... ... ... ..

ken

11 years ago

Well said!

• calliope
    11 years ago

Sitting here laughing. Yeah, what is with the subtitles anyway when people are speaking english? They do it when folks from Appalachia are speaking, but not when someone from Maine or Joisey is on. (she who understands every word Honey Boo Boo is saying) and I don't watch the tube, other than passing by it when on the way somewhere else.

• halfandhalf
    11 years ago

Instantly gave me goosebumps,Ewwwww! Great story!

• hortster
    11 years ago

Getting in late on this thread - but crikey! I wouldn't want that nasty lookin' ovipositor (or other organ???) pokin' into MY hand! Yuk.
    hortster

Original Author
    11 years ago

OMG!!!

i am going to have to add crikey to the crimminey dictionary .. lol

ken

11 years ago

All kidding aside, we DO have a fairly close relative to this Weta in the US. Every once in a while, someone posts a picture of the Jerusalem Cricket....it's easy to see the resemblance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Take a look at this

• halfandhalf
    11 years ago

Haha,thanks to rhizo for the last link. I live in San Diego, now I have go to Lake Hodges and hunt for the beast. If I ever do find one I will post a pick. LOL!!

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner