Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mmp99

Help! What is wrong with my Asian Pear

mmp99
11 years ago

I have 21 Century Asian Pear tree planted 2 years ago. It seems like this happened all of a sudden, but probably didn't and I'm just noticing it now. I have posted a picture of the leaves. The whole tree looks like this

Comments (6)

• jean001a
    11 years ago

Resembles water stress. At two years old, roots are still getting established.

What have your temps been? And how do you water it?

• mmp99
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It's been hot (90s) but not for extended periods. However it is really hot right now. Unfortunately I haven't been paying a lot of attention to that part of our yard. Everything looked good from a distance. I water out there only when it gets really hot as most everything out there is established. I just checked the tree, the area around the drip line is slightly moist to very dry. Obviously it hasn't been getting enough water, I think you are right about the water stress. I am now trying a deep soak all the way around it. I hope it's not too late to save it, it looks pretty bad. Thanks

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

a little cosmetic leaf damage in NORMAL.. in MI.. IN AUGUST ...

with a good deep watering.. i dont know why you should use it ...

there is a fruit forum.. should you wish to learn more about fruit

ken

• mmp99
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm new the site and haven't found my way around yet...so many forums.
    My tree has more than a little leaf damage, it's almost every leaf! I will deep water and hope it works. Thanks for your reply.

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

Heat and drought stress are tough on trees, and I wouldn't be alarmed if your tree loses leaves. Don't let that alarm you too much. Is your tree well mulched?

• mmp99
    Original Author
    11 years ago

No but it will be. Guess I've been pretty negligent, poor little pear :(