Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is killing my pumpkins?? Photos

Posted by trh701 z4sd (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 2, 06 at 11:47

Help!! What killed my pumpkin?? My plants were fine and then three days later I went to the garden (is in a community garden) and the leaves had turned yellow and then brown and was all wilted. I could tell it wasn't going to live. Then a few days later another pumpkin plants' leaves are turning yellow and are wilting.

We have had extremely hot temps for almost a week but I have watered them well. I also use soaker hoses so water rarely gets on the leaves. I have been very faithful in spraying for bugs (Tempo II) and have not seen any of the usual culprits. When I planted them at the end of May I sprinkled a three-month all purpose fertilizer in each hole and have sprayed the leaves with kelp spray a few times.

I am pretty sure it is a virus-type of problem but which one? Anything I can do to keep it from spreading to the others? Will I be able to use this same plot next year?

Image link: What is killing my pumpkins?? Photos (40 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is killing my pumpkins?? Photos

Squash vine borers are a major issue with lots of gardeners at this time of year. That might be something to look for aside from the usual bacterial blight and other problems.

Here is a link that might be useful: This might assist in diagnosis

o
RE: What is killing my pumpkins?? Photos

it looks like SVB problem. with the entire vine dieing. that is usual. they attack pumpkins.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here