Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
asian brown beetle eating my basil

Posted by mollyjanea z5 RI (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 5, 14 at 13:29

i have researched and tried everything i can find to deter this beast. funny thing is, last year i solved the prob with cedar oil sprayed into the area around the basil plants. thought i had it solved, but this year the same thing didn't work. ????

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: asian brown beetle eating my basil

Mollyjane, any chance of a picture? My search for asian brown beetle or asian beetles does not come up with anything useful.

o

http://bugguide.net/node/view/689568/bgimage

Here is a link that might be useful: asian brown beetle

o

Ah. The Asiatic Garden Beetle is easier to find and they are often as hard to control as the Japanese Beetles. Neem Oil products and pyrethrins are suggested means of control, although both need to be used with due care because they both can be harmful to predators.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here