Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elves1111

help save ash-gray ladybug's from dead peonies!!

elves1111
12 years ago

so heres the dilemma... Planted some peony flowers this year, which grew for much longer than had anticipated. Anyway, a multitude of pests seemed more interested in them than me. First, aphids- no problem; next, thrips- more of an issue; finally after thrips are dissappering, appeared...spider mites!! so i decided to find me some whiteflies so they wouldn't feel left out! haha! just had to lighten my mood some. we haven't reached my dilemma yet, so stay with me! since the peonies were close to the rest of my garden, peppers,tomatoes,tomatillos..etc.. When started to remove the peonies, to my delight, there are multitudes of ash-gray ladybird(bug) larva and some adults grubbing away on their smorgasbord happily!! Turns out, this species of ladybird even enjoy's powdery mildew as an appetizer! can attest to this, since the little patches of mildew that were there, were almost completely gone!! so now....dUNnnn..dun...dUNNNNN!!!!!!!

..MY DILEMMA..

How do i collect/salvage/recruit these little monsters to do their dirty work in the rest of my garden, which i can already see some of the pesky uninviteds helping themselves to? I need to remove the old, dried, and dead peonies because they are ugly harbingers of doom now!! I have been tediously coaxing our voracious little soldiers one-at-a-time onto the leaves of their new battlegrounds, but they are stubborn and lazy! Please,, any ideas/advice for me, by me appreciated much will BE, and will be muchly! thanks.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living