Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Neem Oil vs Cucumber beatles?

Posted by taxtax none (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 13, 11 at 14:45

I did read that need oil is a strong counter to cucumber beatles, however when I read the labels on these products I see no mention at all about this property. So I'm a little suspect.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Neem Oil vs Cucumber beatles?

I'm not so sure that you could call neem a 'strong counter' against chew beetles, though it may very well provide some protection. It will NOT kill the beetles outright, but may deter them from causing a lot of damage.

I had good success using neem against a bad Japanese beetle season a couple of years ago. They would land on the plants but they sure didn't begin munching.

If you already have some cold pressed Neem, it would be worth seeing if you have good results. Neem is certainly something I always have in my very small 'arsenal'.

Here is a link that might be useful: Click here

o

I'll do more look into this neem herb stuff. I never not heard of it before until recently. Unfortunately my Mantids did not hatch this year, and those damn beetles are starting to really cause me hell.

o

You'll learn a lot about Neem if you read the information on the link I provided.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here