Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyother1

Troubles with new Campanula Carpatica (Blue Clips Bell Flower)

lovelyother1
10 years ago

I will start by saying that I am a pretty new gardener. I've fallen in love with growing things, and try to squeeze in what I can on our rather small city yard. I recently purchased 2 lovely little Blue Clips Campanula plants from the farmers market, brought them home, and planted them in my front, west facing border garden. One little plant was slightly larger than the other, had a few more blooms, and looked overall a bit healthier to start. I planted them both in the same way about 6 feet apart and mixed in a little bit of organic compost and peat to the soil. They both remained very healthy looking for about a week and a half. I noticed the first blooms had faded a few days ago, but just today finally had a chance to go out and deadhead. The smaller plant is looking pretty good, although I am hoping to see more buds forming to get another round of blooms. It's only early August, I should get more, right? But my biggest concern is the other one, previously the healthier looking one. It is bare!! No blooms, and it has lost all of it's foliage!!! Any idea of what could have happened?? I don't think it could have dried out - I have been watering every couple of days. I fertilized with with a natural fish and kelp blend (2-5-1) shortly after planting.. was that a bad idea? Wouldn't I have seen the same thing in the other plant, then? I'm very sad to have potentially lost one so quickly! I've never had that happen before. Ideas?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting