Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
richdelmo

Where to bring a bug for identification

richdelmo
10 years ago

We have very recently starting seeing an insect in several rooms of our home but don't know what they are and I would like to bring one somewhere to be identified but I don't know where to bring it. Not looking for an exterminator YET just want to know what I'm up against. it is too small for me to get a good picture of so I won't be posting one. It's a tiny black bug that hops on your ankles then will crawl on your leg, when you go to touch it it will usually hop away but they can be caught. They are tough because a few time I've squeezed them but they remained alive and hopped away. My research tell me its a springtail bug based on it's characteristics, however springtails like damp wet areas but I'm finding them in all areas especially in rugs. Also springtails are found in clusters but I have rarely seen more than one or two at a time (unless they are clustered in my walls). I did vacuum and spray an insect killer designed to kill a variety of bugs. So again my question is there a place I can bring one to be identified. Thanks....

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!