Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crist95

Help my Peppers ={

crist95
9 years ago

Somethings killing my pepper plant. Been alive about a year, produced ok fruit. Now its full of ants all over. Leaves are whitening a bit. Also has what look like big mealy's on them. Any advice? More pictures to come.

Comments (5)

• crist95
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pic 2

• crist95
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Pic 3

• jean001a
    9 years ago

Mealies and mites

• Kimmsr
    9 years ago

If the leaves have a white, dusty, powdery substance on them it is most likely Powdery Mildew. The ants are there because of the mealy bugs which can be controlled with sprays of Insecticidal Soaps.
    When was the last time those peppers were repotted with fresh potting soil? What has been used to feed them? How often are those plants fed?

Here is a link that might be useful: About Powdery Mildew

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    9 years ago

Been alive about a year, produced ok fruit.

==>>> there is a very active pepper forum ...

i thought Ps were annual ... how long can an annual live ..

of course.. perhaps it is perennial in warmer climes ...

first you need to ID the P .. then decide/figure out.. just how long it can live ...

at some point.. you have to decide.. if its worth treating this old thing ... in my world.. its time to start some new vibrant plants... not mess around with grandpa ...

just because you CAN use chemicals.. doesnt really mean you should... your base decision is whether the plant is past its prime.. way past its prime ...

its fall in the northern latitudes... not really time.. to be wondering why plants are in decline ... we know why ...

if they are perennial.. talk to the P freaks in that forum.. as to whether they think its worth TRYING to save ...

ken