Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something Weird Going on With Oxalis Leaves

Posted by scottyboipdx 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 16:48

oxalisleaves

Here is a pic I took this morning of my Oxalis Oregana patch. It is a northern exposure, so shade all day, soil is moist by not waterlogged. I think I may have spashed them with the hose last night while watering, but I've never seen anything like this happen before...any ideas???

Thanks,
Scott

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something Weird Going on With Oxalis Leaves

• Posted by jean001 z8aPortland, OR (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 18, 10 at 18:37

Other than the slug slime trail &perhaps a tad scorched from the recent heat, not much. Looks very healthy. Oxalis are tough! They will survive.

But if this plant is new-to-you, understand that most kinds go dormant part of the year.

o

You've got a Nazi slug lol. It almost made a perfect inverted swastika on one leaf just below and left of center.

o

Hi Scott,
I have an expanding collection of Oxalis and would like to add O. oregana to it.
But I can't find any nurseries online or close by (I'm in Southern Calif) that grow it.
Would you consider a trade of some kind for a rhizome or small division?
I have several interesting Oxalis as well as many other plants I could trade.

You can e-mail me via My Page.

Let me know,
Danty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here