Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bella2014_gw

someone "please help" me save my plant :(

bella2014
9 years ago

Hello everyone. My name is Bella & I've FINALLY found a site that I'm hoping could help!:) I spent hours online to find a picture & to identify the name of my AILING PLANT. I "Think" it's a PHILODENDRON, AM I CORRECT OR WRONG??? For my 2nd "Q"...can anyone please identify what could be feeding off mt plant? Just a quick info about my plant : I clipped 2 stems last winter & rooted it on a vase w/ water. It surprisingly took off overnite & I now call it my :BEANSTOCK.
I've noticed a drastic change in my leaves, some kind of fly or bug has chewed mostly EVERY LEAF!!! One side stretches well over 20 ft, & the other apx 10ft. I noticed the bitings about 2 months ago but lately it's become a frenzy. As soon as a new leaf appears the next morning I See somthings eaten part of the leaf. As you all can see some of the "BITINGS BEGIN FROM THE OUTSIDE & WORK INWARDS & SOME ARE BITTEN IN THE CENTRE. I have checked for larvae under the leaf & stem etc
I have many other plants but they seem to stay away from them
One bit of info I can add that they be of help to you on finding what type of pest it is.( I SEE TINY BUGS FLYING ON MY LOFT) SAME KIND OF TINY FLY I SAW IN A UNIT FAR FROM MINE. Sorry for the long post but I love my plants & if anyone can answer my pest problem I would be most greatful. I read somewhere to mix Garlic, water & cayenne pepper.steep an hour then put the
Juice in a spray bottle??? I SINCERELY THANK ANYONE WHO HAS TAKEN THE TIME TO READ & KINDLY RESPONDED TO MY POST

Comments (3)