Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wilted cucumbers--replanting snow peas?

Posted by 8fleetfeet 5 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 13 at 17:49

Hello,

This summer was my first vegetable garden, and I had mixed results. My two large cucumber trellises were loaded with cucumbers, but now one has gradually wilted and stopped producing. I pulled the plants out, and now I'm wondering . . . can I re-use the trellis by planting some snow peas there for the fall? Will the snow peas "catch" something from the wilted cucumbers that lived (and died) there?

Thanks!

Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wilted cucumbers--replanting snow peas?

z5 means little as it is so big an area ...

find out when your first predictable frost date is..

read you seed package...

and find and compare days to harvest.. vs frost...

in my z5 MI.... third week of Oct could mean frost ...

and some of the fastest crops are right around 60 days.. or two months...

so 60 days from 8/15 is 10/15 .. which sounds perfect .. but as days start getting cooler.. things go into slow motion.. and you may or may not win ...

but you have nothing to lose for trying.. other than a few seed ...

i am just giving you the logic ...

go for it ...

ken

ps: i gave up on cukes a decade ago.. because they simply wilt for no good reason .... they arent worth the effort.. IMHO ...

pps: i see this is in the pest forum.. and of course.. my lesson is a veggie lesson ... as noted.. plant a few.. who cares if prior disease is an issue.. whats a seed cost .. 3 cents ..????

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here