Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pea seed gone

Posted by cablestarman NE OH 6a (cablestarman@gmail.com) on
Mon, Aug 12, 13 at 19:34

Planted some snap peas on Saturday, all gone Sunday morning. Replanted them on Sunday, gone this morning. I pretty much know it has to be voles. I found a nest near the garden about a week ago and had my cat "take care" of it and he got 2 more last week. I tried looking for another nest in my compost piles and in straw around the garden with no luck. I had vole issues last year, they got 2 water melon vines with about 10 melons that were not ripe yet. That was devastating. So, they never messed with my early crop of peas this year and they haven't touched the melons so far.

I put some shade netting that I have and draped in over the peas. I didn't have it secured well to the ground. I just planted some more peas and triple planted them this time. Any suggestions to provide protection to them? I do have some fleece on hand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pea seed gone

Birds?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here