Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this bug-related? :(

Posted by TashhChilli none (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 1, 14 at 8:56

Hay! I'm brand new to this website, so I hope I'm getting this right.

This is my bean plant (I don't know what type of bean yet, I just found it in the fridge so I planted it, beans aren't my forte).
Recently I've been noticing these markings on the leaves and I can't work out what's wrong with it, it doesn't seem to be affecting the actual plant too much but I'm worried it might contagious?

In case the picture didn't upload they're just small yellowish holes in the leaves, but not the type of holes that I usually see left by caterpillars or slugs etc. I've checked the plant thoroughly and can see no signs of creatures, I thought it might be Thrips, but the holes look bigger and less frequent.

Any help is greatly appreciated :D

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this bug-related? :(

Thrips, even if present, don't make holes.

I doubt those few very small spots are significant.

If it's indoors, it needs to outdoors and into the ground or a larger pot.
Further, what did you fill the pot with? Needs to be potting mix, not soil.

o

Yeah, I don't think it's really affecting the plant, but all the new leaves coming through are like this.

I leave them outside for a few hours each day and then bring them in when it stars getting cold. Yeah, I planted it with seedling mix and then top layered it with some soil because I ran out haha.

o

could wind be beating this thing around a bit when its outside ????

it will be fun to grow it indoors ... but you may never see produce from it.. indoors.. in winter... most veg crops need full blinding sun.. to produce flower and veg ...

but i hope you have fun trying ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here