Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Albizia Julibrissin Leaf Yellowing

Posted by swct (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 3, 12 at 10:42

My Albizia Julibrissin (Mimosa Tree) is about 5 years old and has grown vigorously in my CT yard. Over the past 2 summers, I have noticed leaf yellowing on the outer leaves. I had very little flowering this summer relative to years past. Could someone please identify was is affecting this tree? Are there any remedies? Thanks very much.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Albizia Julibrissin Leaf Yellowing

Yellowing or stunting, followed by early defoliation, are typically symptoms of Fusarium wilt, common to silk trees. Unfortunately, the disease is eventually fatal and there is nothing you can do with regards to treatment.

Since this tree is a listed invasive species for your area, removal should be considered a good thing and an opportunity to replant with a more desirable tree :-)

o
RE: Albizia Julibrissin Leaf Yellowing

Hello. I was going to send a private message but I don't see a way to do that. I'm very curious to know what became of your tree. I hope it survived or at least went out in a blaze of flowering glory.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here