Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Indian Wax Scale on Maple

Posted by thingsshiny 7 (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 14:01

I have a series of small gummy white bumps on my Japanese Maple's trunk and some of the limbs that appears to be Indian Wax Scale.

Does anyone know anything about these pests or the most effective way to combat them in North Alabama?

I've removed all that I could find by hand, but there may be a few I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

Image link: Indian Wax Scale on Maple (47 k)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Indian Wax Scale on Maple

Horticultural Oil and Insecticidal Soap have both been effective in controlling these scales. Some sources do recommend Carbaryl which is a very potent and broad spectrum poison that will also kill off any beneficials that may be around.

Here is a link that might be useful: Indian Wax Scale

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here