Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rust/leaf spots on persimmon n pepper holes

Posted by coworkerbob 9 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 14, 12 at 17:46

Hi folks,

I have two isssues with pests. 1. Can anyone identify what is making holes in my numex big jim peppers before they are ready to harvest? I opened the cavity and i see the seeds have turned dark but there are no critters inside.

My other issue is that my persimmon tree seem to have alot of leaf spots and rusts this year. What kind of sprays are recommended or should i start to prune all the infected leaves and branches? (this is 15ft tree).

Thanks

-Bob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rust/leaf spots on persimmon n pepper holes

Sorry, i mislinked some of the images

o

Someone else can talk about the peppers. Some regions havae weevils that do that wort of damage.

The persimmon has been affected by high heat & direct hot sunlight. The leaves and fruit have sunburn/sunscald. When excess heat hits, perhaps you can rig temporary shade.

o

what jean said..

but as a diagnostic tool.. and trust me.. i know nothing of persimmon ..

but when i look at your pix.. i see no damage on leaves inside the plant..

in other words.. its seems to be all the leaves.. which are in direct sun ... which leads me to believe that jean is correct ...

may diseases are caused or encouraged by warm damp nights.. and therefore.. start inside the plant.. and work their way outwards ...

since your plant is 'clean' interior-wise.. i tend to lean toward baking in the sun ... which is highly complicated by drought ... but NEVER water the leaves in the evening.. nor the fruit .. apply water to the soil ... and mulch properly ...

ken

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here