Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
annaneve_gw

Getting rid of lawn will help with gophers?

annaneve
10 years ago

I just moved into a rental and the yard is a disaster. All the lawn is pretty much dead, and it is completely uneven with lumps everywhere. We are planning on taking out the lawn in the backyard and laying down gravel with some pavers. I don't think it is worth trying to salvage a lawn that will most likely be destroyed again and will cost a lot of water and money to save.
The front lawn is in terrible condition also, it is very uneven and when you walk on it you sink in a few inches. There were big dirt piles along the sidewalk when we moved in, I swept them away and now they are back, which I am guessing means we have an active something. I have not seen these piles in the backyard, I have not seen anything new out there.
My question is-- is it worth it? We don't care about having plants in the ground because it is not our place and there is a large garden bed. But if there is no lawn and no plants, will they leave? Or will they just destroy what we put down. I'm sorry if this is obvious but I have no experience with garden pests.

Comments (7)