Return to the Garden Clinic Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink flowering dogwood, dying?

Posted by GregP731 NH (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 25, 13 at 19:16

My wife and I got a pink flowering dogwood for a wedding gift. We planted it as soon as we could but it was in the pot from the nursery for a few weeks.. Despite keeping it watered the best we could some of the leaves started to wilt.

We have since planted And had it in the ground for roughly 2 months and it still looks very sad. Most of the leaves are curled and dry, but we did notice it has grown some and even has some berries/(buds) sprouting. What gives ? Is it going to survive?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink flowering dogwood, dying?

GREG!!!!!

congrats ...

otherwise.. ITS OCTOBER ... in a week.. its leaves are going to fall off... who cares what they look like ...

i would be more curious as to what you did to it at planting... rather than leaf condition ...

refer to the link .. and lets discuss ANYTHING you did contrary to such ... because right now.. is when we fix any faulty presumptions you made ... as to how to plant a tree ...

may you live long and prosper ...

ken

ps: actually.. the planting discussion should be taken over to the tree forum... as there is no way this is really a pest or disease issue.. disease simply does not work this fast .... and most of your bugs are probably dead from cold nights.. like me down here in MI ...

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o
RE: Pink flowering dogwood, dying?

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/trees/msg091935332833.html

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Garden Clinic Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here