Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ctg130

Yellowed Leaves with Brown Spots

ctg130
14 years ago

Hi all;

Very new gardener here, been learning a lot the last two years. My pieris japonica (6 or 8 of them) and 2 quickfire hydrangea have all started getting yellow leaves with heavy brown spots - almost taking over the leaves completely - the last couple of weeks. The leaves eventually drop off. (They're also pretty sparse in general; they were when they went in - last summer for the pieris and this summer for the hydrangea - and they haven't really changed much.)

Based on posts I've seen here that describe similar problems, I don't know whether it might it be a fungal problem, improper watering, or something else? (They've also been getting a lot of water inadvertently lately from sprinkler overspray, from where we're watering the overseeded lawn a couple of times a day.)

Also - the company that we hired to help with our lawn this year is offering a tree/shrub treatment for lace bugs, mites and other insects; plus fertilizing; and pre-winter "sealing" to help them overwinter. Is any of this a good idea?? Thanks so much!

christine

Image link:

Comment (1)