Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acejh

Termite Company Price?

aceh
11 years ago

I'm having an addition put on the house and the contractor had a Termite and Pest Control company pre-treat the area. The termite company quoted a price of $683 to do my entire house and the annual renewal fee would be $145. Is this a good price?

Here's what they are supposed to do:

1. Remove all wood cellulose-bearing debris.

2. Provide suitable access openings to all crawl-space areas.

3. Trench entire perimeter of the structure(s) adjacent to the pillars. Rod and/or drill through the slabs) as necessary.

4. Treat entire perimeter of the structures, including all expansion joints, control joints and cracks in the pillars as per label and labeling (some vertical drilling may be required).

5. Treat all plumbing areas that are accessible to the contractor as required by label and labeling

6. Other openings treated as required by label and labeling.

Comments (11)

• jean001a
    11 years ago

Prices vary from one place to another.
    Where do you live?
    Call other pest companies and ask your questions, then compare prices & chose a company to do the deed.

• Kimmsr
    11 years ago

What do other pest control companies quate to do the same job?
    1 and 2 look like jobs your building contractor should be doing.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    11 years ago

it would be a waste in my MI.. since we dont have such ..

as noted.. where are you ...

NEVER have any work done .. w/o at least 3 quotes ...

ken

• rhizo_1 (North AL) zone 7
    11 years ago

You said that your building contractor made this deal? I sure don't like the sound of that.

Ken....why is it that you don't have to worry about termites? MSU states: "Termites are an important wood-destroying pest in Michigan." What's the deal? Maybe the problem isn't as pervasive as it can be in other locations. Subterranean termites are sneaky critters. I think that there is a misconception that they are found only (or mostly) in warmer locations.

11 years ago

maybe its that darn poured cement basement.. lol ...

i cant answer about moo you ... as a wolverine.. moo yew.. does not really exist .. in my mind.. lol ..

i am hoping for a real MI winter so as to forestall any northern migration of this particular pest ...

kim probably can address that.. probably a moo yew grad.. based on the depth of his/her horticultural knowledge ....

ken

• jean001a
    11 years ago

In the southern states, termites are extremely destructive structural pests. Thus, specs often call for under-slab treatments. (Much cheaper prior to building the structure than after.)

Thus, the OP *must* have local bids/quotes. Those of us from other regions, even from other cities, won't have a clue.

• Kimmsr
    11 years ago

Termites can be as much of a problem in Michigan and other northern states as down south, although we won't have 5 species of them. Termites are known to make tubes to travel in on poured concrete or cement block walls to reach the wood structure they are looking for.

11 years ago

termites can chew thru cement .. making tubes?????

crimminey ... sounds like a new horror movine ... lol

or do you mean tubes of excrement[one end or the other] to climb up the exterior .. man that might even be a worse movie. . lol

kim ignored my moo yew thesis .. hmmm ...

ken

• jean001a
    11 years ago

ken,

easiest way to know is to google "subterranean termites" but without the quotes.

11 years ago

of course jean..

but where is the joke in that???

ken

Here is a link that might be useful: link

• Kimmsr
    11 years ago

Ken. Termites build those tubes on the concrete to reach the wood structure. The tubes look kind of similar to very elongated wasp nests going up the concrete, usually inside where they are shaded from the sun but can be on the outside also.
    The link below may be of some help.

Here is a link that might be useful: about termites

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio